Bring the whole family together and fire up the grill - it's National Grilling Month! Summer is now in full swing and there's nothing better than outdoor cooking. Celebrate and entertain with the best kinds of summer food.
5 Useful Grilling Tips
- Keep your grill clean
- Keeping your grill clean will not only extend the life of your grill but will also help your food taste the best. Stuck on grease or food should be wiped clean before cooking. Check out these grill cleaning tips.
- Always preheat the grill
- A preheated grill helps prevent food from sticking to the grates and helps cook your food evenly. If your using charcoal, wait till your coals are glowing red before cooking.
- Wash your hands often
- After handling raw meat, it is best to wash your hands with warm soap and water to help prevent the spread of germs. If water is not readily available, use hand sanitizer and a paper towel.
- Keep the food cold
- Letting food sit out allows for bacteria to grow. Keep food cold until it is ready to be cooked. Put salads and fruit trays on ice.
- Monitor your grill
- Check your grilling times and temperatures. Never leave your grill unattended. Use a timer to avoid overcooking or undercooking your food. Food should be at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit before consuming.