Is Your Wiring Safe?
How do you know if your home's electrical system is properly wired or in need of repairs or upgrades? Here are five key indicators to remember:
- Whenever you turn on an appliance, such as a dishwasher, clothes washer or dryer, the lights in your home dim.
- You frequently have problems with fuses blowing or circuit breakers tripping off.
- Appliances that should heat up, such as toasters and irons, don't get as hot as they should or take longer to heat up.
- Your television picture shrinks when other lights or appliances come on.
- Lights brighten in part of the house when other lights or appliances come on.