Applying for Service
As a non-profit electric membership corporation, any person, firm, association, corporation, or public body requesting electric service must become a member of Sumter EMC. A one-time $5.00 membership fee is required for each member. Upon termination of membership, the membership fee will be applied against any unpaid balance owed the Cooperative, transferred to another account held by the member, or refunded to the member.
An application for service must be completed for each electric service requested. The application for service provides Sumter EMC with necessary information, including:
- The name, picture identification and address of the member
- The billing name and address for the account
- Employment information, if applicable
- Contact information, including phone numbers
- Permission to access the property for construction, operation, and maintenance of the electric service
- An application for participation in Cooperative Solar
- Outdoor lighting desired by the member
- Operation Roundup® participation
If you do not wish to participate in Operation RoundUp, complete this FORM and submit with your application for service.
For more information on the application process and requirements for new construction, click here.